In 1918 Netherton was a District of Dudley with a population of 14,154. Two Memorials were erected at St Andrew’s church, a cenotaph outside and a Memorial panel inside.
The cenotaph is situated at the head of the church drive. It consists of a stepped memorial pillar with a Celtic cross at its head but has no names. The inscription reads:
TO THE GLORY OF GOD
AND IN HONOURED MEMORY OF THE MEN OF THIS PARISH
WHO FELL IN THE GREAT WAR
THEIR NAME LIVETH FOR EVERMORE